So I thought once son(5) was at school again and daughter (2.75) was at pre-school I would have all this TIME. Time to go to the gym. It hasn’t happened. Between trying to grow my business, a parenting course and, well just life I seem to have NO time. So this week has been all about quick and dirty.
- Squats 10@30 8@35kg 6@45kg
- Jump Squats 3×10
- Good mornings 10@30kg 8@40kg 6@45kg
- Lunges 10kg per hand 5 reps per leg 3 sets
Between every set I did 10 KB swings with 20kg as “active” recovery.
- Old go-to 100reps of clean and press with 12kg KB
Superset x 3
- Front raise x 10 @10kg
- Tricep extension x 10@10kg
- Lateral raise x10@5kg
- Rear lateral raisex10@5kg
- Band Pull aparts (red)
Lat pull down 3×10@30kg
Tonights work out has been borrowed from Melissa (@thrutheblue) and is a barbell complex.
- Stiff-legged deadlifts
- Front Squats
- Push Press
- Back Squats
- Good Mornings
- Press ups
6 sets – set one 6reps, set 2 5 reps, set 3 4 reps etc etc until set 6 is 1 rep of each! 60-90sec rest between eat superset. Sounds fun, think I will be trying with a 20kg fat bar. EDITED I actually ended up doing this twice, once with a 25kg fat bar and then again with a 30kg fat bar. I was in sweaty BITS by the end. 10/10 recommendation, thanks Melissa.
None of these workouts should take more than 40minutes of your time. Rest periods are short (just enough time to check twitter) and you should get a sweat on.
However I am missing my strongwoman events, I am getting a craving for sled pulls and log presses so I need to sit down at some point and work out what I am going to train for next as I need a goal to focus myself.
Some great blog posts I read this week
- After Someone Stole My Photo And Used It For Thinspiration I Decided To Take It Back And Make My Own (Not)Fitspo
- Strong Is Still Strong, Skinny Is Still Skinny
- donut? blunt object or not? (I love this blogger cos she swears more than I do)
- Progress is not in the pooch
What’s your favourite go-to workout when you are short on time?